Saturday, July 14, 2012

I lost 7 pounds on the 3-day Shakeology Cleanse


I've been working hard all year to lose weight. Did most of with P90x Plus, then switched over to TurboFire, and now currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme.  Have been successful at losing 18 pounds. YAY!  But this week, I made some bad nutritional choices (high sodium), I realized I put on 5 pounds. 5 Pounds!  Told myself that I worked too hard to let those 5 pounds come back.  So, I decided to do the 3-day Shakeology Cleanse.


Day 1:  Was very hard! Had my shakes, a banana, salad and fish but I was hungry most of the day. It was hard and I didn't think I could finish it. Honestly, I thought I would be pooping all day, but that was not the case. I was in the restroom a lot though. Sorry, TMI.... just keeping it real. I made it through my workout (Push 2) with no issues. I didn't lift as heavy though. Burned about 20 more calories than previous week.


Day 2:  I woke up, got on the scale to see if the torture the day was worth it. Boom! Lost 5 pounds! Yes it was worth it! So I figured that was the water weight I put on from all that sodium. And I figured I'd give day 2 a try to see if I lost anymore weight.  It was much easier on day 2.  I was not hungry at all! I had my shakes, banana, salad and chicken. My workout was Burn Intervals and Ab Burner. It was ROUGH. I would not recommend cardio during the cleanse.  Or if you do, keep it LOW impact/intensity and eat a piece of fruit before you workout. I burned about the same calories as I normally do, maybe a few more but nothing significant.


Day 3:  Woke up with a slight headache, but I did find that I had lost 1 pounds! Yes! I was now UNDER where I started on the cleanse! Questioned myself if I wanted to keep going...it was Friday, and I was on vacation. Could I not snack or drink on my day off?  Decided I would try it another day, just to see if I would lose anymore.  Had my shakes, an apple, salad and scallops. It was easy. Workout was Push 3, no problems or modifications. I normally do a HIIT 20 on Fridays but knew it wouldn't be the best thing to do. I burned about 25 more calories than previous week. 


Today: Woke up with a slight headache, but got on the scale....BOOM! I lost another pound (for a total of 7 pounds lost)!  Took my measurements and lost a total of 1.25" - not a whole lot, but I'm happy. 


I DEFINITELY recommend this cleanse! DEFINITELY! I know nutrition is the most important part of getting fit, but this cleanse taught me a lot about making the right food choices.  What hurt me at the beginning of this week was eating processed food (I think packaged chicken rice) one day, followed by gumbo (high sodium soup!) the next. While those are not bad choices per say, they were processed foods packed with sodium and preservatives. This cleanse helped me realize the importance of eating fresh!


So eat fresh people! If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to share.


Tracie
https://www.facebook.com/TurboTracie 
http://followgram.me/turbotracie/

No comments:

Post a Comment